Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Just because



I’m posting this picture just so it’ll remind me how beautiful it was last Sunday when we started building the deck. I don’t know how experts measure “peak” fall color, but the sky was blue (the lake was green) and the maples, oaks, basswoods, birch and whatever else I’ve got growing there that I haven’t yet learned the names of were absolutely brilliant in the afternoon light. Man, will this be a treat to look back on sometime around Jan. 15.

Those stripes on the side are my attempt to figure out what to do with the basement concrete. I’m experimenting with dark browns, but I’m not sure I’ve found the right thing just yet. I ordered enough Minnesota pine to put a “skirt” around the perimeter under the weeHouse, but I’m not sure that’s the right direction, either.

Architect’s plans called for The Builder to spray a transparent water sealant on the foundation so we could go with the natural concrete forms. Instead, there’s baby-blue spray on it. We’ll get ‘er figured out.

Ideas? I’m all ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment