Monday, July 29, 2013

Tree-top picnic


There are a handful of people in my life where there are so many overlapping connections through the decades that I’ve forgotten them all. That would be Rosemarie. She also was one of my first friends to totally dig our adventure at Loveless Lake, even when the place was nothing more than an overgrown lot full of junk and a cabin (also full of junk) too far-gone to save.

Rose and her uber-handy husband, Paul, have since found their own diamond-in-the-rough  (code for: massive home improvement project) that they’ve been rehabbing for the past few years in the Twin Cities.

Chris and I finally had an opportunity to host Rose and Paul for a Loveless picnic on the still 90-percent finished front deck. My Loveless next door neighbor, Scott, and his girlfriend stopped over for a quick chat, turning the jam-packed day into an extra-fun adventure in the tree tops.

 
Scott, a yearround Loveless Laker, and his girlfriend, Kay.


The weeHouse is always ready for friends.

The best part is that Rose and Paul want to come back and put in a little sweat equity. I think I've got JUST the right project ....


No comments:

Post a Comment