Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Shoreline assessors


The stars aligned and I finally lured my friend Laurel up to Loveless on a windy September day, where I put her to work helping me catalog the state of our Loveless shoreline for a county research project.

Laurel is like a cat, working through her many lives. Lucky for us she’s still got a few left.

She worked the stern of the canoe (and took selfies) while I focused on the paperwork. As always, we eventually got going on something that gave us a whopping’ case of the giggles. 

This time it was a “just-get-‘er-done” mentality that had us paddling the canoe backwards, because it seemed like too much work to turn the thing around and crank it forward into the wind. (You probably just had to be there.)

In the end, Laurel headed back to California with a bit of the Wisconsin woods in her iPhone, if not her heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment