Monday, December 20, 2010

Five funky things

Here are five funky things Chris and I have discovered since starting to clean up the property at Loveless Lake.




1 You can see a thin edge of shingles from inside the bedroom because, well, I’m not sure why. I think when they added the “master bedroom,” someone just knocked out the kitchen wall and tacked a room on.




2 There's no septic system on the property, and no outhouse. Yet there's a bathroom/throne inside the cabin. (I kept asking during the buying process whether there was a holding tank, and never got a straight answer.) One day, Chris tripped over a red garden hose down  by Loveless Lake. We followed it up the hill and into the house. Hmmm.




3 The hand-pump to the water well is ... in the basement. (A scary place I've yet to summon the nerve to visit.)




4 One of the healthiest trees on the property has grown smack dab against the window in the main living area. If I ever build a cabin here (first things first!), that tree likely won't survive. Breaks my heart.



5 Speaking of trees, this one sprouted inside the aluminum frame of a lawn chair. Wonder how many years that chair has been there undisturbed?





In the immortal words of R&B groove-master Lee Dorsey: "Everything I do gohn be funky, from now on." Check out the tune, and I bet you'll be funky, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment