Sunday, December 4, 2011

Commencement

The excavation trucks arrived last week, perfectly timed with the Beaujolais Nouveau
Au revoir le concrete slab!



Jesse "The Builder" Smith reports that the new foundation will get poured next week and then they'll start work damp proofing, back filling and installing drain tiles. Septic and well pumps come next.

The long-awaited arrival of the weeHouse is scheduled for Dec. 16. I haven't seen it since my parents were here the first week of October, when only the bamboo floors and walls were in place.

In the spirit of the season, I've decided not to go up to Siren, Wis., where it's sitting now, to  take a peek at the finished house. Like other kids across the globe, I'll hold my breath a few more weeks and see what Santa's Elves have created when the weeHouse shows up under the spruce trees at Loveless.

No comments:

Post a Comment