Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Let's show a little 'aloha,' shall we?




Fresh off of my Hawaii 50/51 adventure with Chris, I've decided it's high time we bring a little "shaka" to Loveless Lake.

Hawaiians use the gesture to show a little "aloha" to each other. I saw a dude at a cross walk flash this sign when a driver stopped to let him cross the intersection with his young family. A quick turn to Wikipedia (the font of all internet knowledge - fact or fiction - no?) explains that the shaka is a sign of "friendship and understanding between various cultures that reside within Hawaii."

Something akin to architects and builders, perhaps?

While on the North Shore of Oahu last week, I took a 7 a.m. call from one of the warring parties (it being noon in the Midwest) and sent him off to make peace.

I'm feeling certain that the passing of the cabin keys is imminent.

Shaka (or is it Chaka Khan?) is ready to tell me something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment