Friday, August 26, 2011

A Sunnie Day (Gershwin had the foggy one)

Chris reeled in the first fish at Loveless! It was a little catch-and-release sunfish. I wasn’t there to record the proud moment on digital pixels, but Chris offered proof of the sunnie (one of four, in fact) before he set it free into the spring-fed waters of Loveless Lake, which now sport a lovely shade of chartreuse.

My colleague Dennis Anderson wrote a great ode to sunnies.

Chris tells me you can catch a sunfish without even trying. Well, I’ll be dancin’ a jig the first one I snag.

Meanwhile, the fiberglass boat is gone. Yay Demolition Dave! And Chris, bless his heart, is working his arse off to try to clean up the joint as we prepare for the arrival of the weeHouse.



I’m talking to folks to hire for the work ahead – septic excavator, well driller, masonry guy, carpenter, electrician, plumber … Heaven help me.
Here’s me trying to explain things: Yes, we’re going to drive these giant trucks down my neighbor’s driveway to get to my site … No, I just need you to build a foundation ... Yes, we’re going to drop this weeeeeeeHouse right on top … No, I’m going to finish up inside of the basement when I have more money …
I hope to meet with a builder on Sunday who'll be willing to take on a small and funky job. Surely, he'll want to bring a little love to Loveless.

No comments:

Post a Comment