Monday, May 27, 2013

A warm welcome



I joined the Loveless Lake Association shortly after purchasing my troubled property, and finally made it to one of the biannual meetings a few weeks back. I met some wonderful fellow Loveless Lakers, and as a bonus, got an official welcome-to-the-neighborhood packet!

It was chock-full of great info, including a history of the lake and the association – which formed in 1995 to start monitoring the water quality and educate lake users (and lake owners, perhaps?) about how to maintain and improve the recreational value of the lake.

I was psyched to learn that there is a 3-mile walking path around Loveless, which isn’t immediately obvious as it includes an easement through private property on both sides of the lake where the roads seem to dead end.

While I remain committed to my friend Ramona’s “2015” mantra to get my place functional, I am eager to learn what I can do *right now* to improve water quality by improving my shoreline and adding plants that will disperse some of the nitrogen runoff that undoubtedly comes from nearby farms.

As they say: When the student is ready, the teacher will appear. OK. Ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment