Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Ice in!




Even in these northern climes, it’s rare to see a lake that’s ready to skate on without the aid of a Zamboni, water hose or some other form of human intervention. Usually it snows, which wrecks the ice for skating. But we scored one of those precious occurrences at Loveless Lake this year, and Chris and I did not let it go unenjoyed.

After living here nearly 24 years now (how did that happen?), I hope to never lose that thrill of skating on a frozen lake. I’m still an arm-flailing novice, as I seem to manage just a couple of outings each season. But my motto is this: As long as it’s cold, let’s play. And what a great playmate I’ve got with Chris.


Ever the hockey player. (The weeHouse project is straight up.)


Practicing pirouettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment