Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Lounge time




It’s not quite Better Homes & Gardens, but we’ve now got a couple of sofas to lounge on, thanks to the strong arms of pal Nora and the enthusiasm of her faithful hound, Emma. 

Nora’s what you might call a nesting goddess. She loves this kind of stuff. Rubs her hands together, gets a glint in her eye and starts cooing over all the creative options at hand. That’s good news for me, as I tend to get overwhelmed with all the home décor choices (and price tags), and then fall into a funk because I’m certain I’ve irretrievably screwed things up.

The three of us piled into the truck for a recent Loveless daytrip, assembled the Target BluDots and had a weeHouse picnic before heading into St. Croix Falls to check out an art show. Not bad for a day’s work.


2 comments:

  1. Love the minimalist vibe and colors scheme!! But, seriously lady, let's get some evergreens planted in front of that propane tank out there. (I shouldn't talk; my tank is in full view ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how right you are. Tank is covered by weeds in summer and I forget what an eyesore it becomes in winter. It resides not far from our own Pile of Shame -- remnants of the Saturn Deck, the old snowmobile and rotten wood from the old structure we're still burning....

      Delete